Let's Talk over Coffee....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Georgia, United States

I am 36 years old. Happily married in 2000 to a wonderful man who I met on the internet. :o) I have a step-daughter who is soon to be married. I moved from Indiana to Georgia in 2000, talk about your culture shock! I'm by no means perfect, but I am striving to be the woman God would have me to be. Proverbs 31 is my goal, but I am still a work in progress.

What is this blog About

My Friends

  • Rachel's Blog
  • Kayla's Blog
  • My Etsy Store

  • Buy The Stitch
  • My Links

  • Prairie Homemaker
  • Hillbilly Housewife
  • Truth For Life Daily Broadcast With Alistair Begg
  • Recipes I've Found
  • My Wish List
  • Heather's Wish List
  • Archives


    Friday, January 05, 2007

    Great Idea, Even If It Wasn't Mine

    I subscribe to The Generous Wife Daily Tips I highly recomend it. Today's tip is a GREAT idea.

    Last year, I read an article that suggested choosing a word or a phrase to focus on for the year. For example, if you feel that you have a character trait you need to work on, you might choose something like "patience." Or if you want to focus on your family more than one work, maybe it would be "family," etc. The idea is that it isn't a resolution per se, but a focus point that points you in the direction you want to go. When you have to decide whether to bring work home or go out with the family, maybe your "family" focus will remind you of what's most important. If you're struggling with a particular person or issue, maybe remembering that "patience" is your word would help.Last year I chose "peace," and this year, "family." I didn't remember to focus on it all year, but I tried to keep coming back to it. Visual reminders help, like posting it on a bulletin board, the computer desktop, or the bathroom mirror. I've shared this idea with a number of people because I think it's more positive than most failed resolutions for the new year. It allows you to be humanly fallible, but to recover, and to keep making good choices as you try to move toward that focus.

    I'm thinking about what my word should be, the problem is I think I need like 50! :o) That seems to be my problem with a lot of things in life, I want to tackle them all at once or not at all. I need to learn to work on one thing at a time so I don't get so overwhelmed. I need to think about the one word, I'll let you know. I bet you can't wait huh?

    Chrisi Coffee Talk at 11:16 AM
    Comments: Post a Comment


    Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins