Let's Talk over Coffee....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Georgia, United States

I am 36 years old. Happily married in 2000 to a wonderful man who I met on the internet. :o) I have a step-daughter who is soon to be married. I moved from Indiana to Georgia in 2000, talk about your culture shock! I'm by no means perfect, but I am striving to be the woman God would have me to be. Proverbs 31 is my goal, but I am still a work in progress.

What is this blog About

My Friends

  • Rachel's Blog
  • Kayla's Blog
  • My Etsy Store

  • Buy The Stitch
  • My Links

  • Prairie Homemaker
  • Hillbilly Housewife
  • Truth For Life Daily Broadcast With Alistair Begg
  • Recipes I've Found
  • My Wish List
  • Heather's Wish List
  • Archives


    Wednesday, January 17, 2007

    Prayer

    This morning I was thinking about my prayer time. How flipant are you when you pray? Too many times my mind can wander when I pray if I'm not careful. I think a lot of times that's satan's way of keeping me from communicating with God, he knows the power of prayer. I know I also don't think about prayer as being a privilege. It's not that I don't know it, but take it for granted. Just think, how would you act if you were going to meet the President of the United States or someone else that society sees as important? Would you let your mind wander? Would you act the same while you were visiting with this person as you do when you pray? If you were presenting a problem or idea to him, would you present it in the way you bring your prayers to God? Probably not. When we pray, we are speaking to God who spoke everything into existence, who died for us so that we would not have to spend eternity in hell. How much more important is He than anyone you can think of on earth? Yet we don't treat him with even the respect we would someone here on earth. I don't think you need fancy words or eloquent speech, God doesn't need that. Simple words, grammatically incorrect, this doesn't matter. The wonderful thing is, he wants to have a personal relationship with us, unlike the important person mentioned above. I need to give God the reverence and respect he deserves. I need to think about to whom it is I'm speaking, do you?

    Chrisi Coffee Talk at 10:30 PM
    Comments:
    This is so strange. It's like you posted this especially for me. Gosh I knew I was special! Last night the same thing happened to me, as I was praying my mind slipped and I was thinking it was the devil and I needed to not let him in. But anyway, you get the gist.
     
    Post a Comment


    Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins